Toru TAMIYA, Ph.D.|
Following his time teaching and conducting research as a Professor of Biochemistry and Dean of the Graduate School of Science and Technology at Sophia University, one of the most prestigious universities in Japan, Dr. Tamiya is currently a Professor Emeritus at Sophia University as well as Director of the San Francisco Office of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. While teaching a wide range of courses in fields varying from biochemistry to genetic engineering, Professor Tamiya was also active as a researcher in these same fields as demonstrated by the large number of articles he has published. From his experience as a visiting researcher at the Saclay Nuclear Research Center of the Commissariat a l’Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives (France), Professor Tamiya has advanced skills in both English and French.
- PhD, Graduate School, Division of Science and Engineering Sophia University
- MS, Graduate School, Division of Science and Engineering Sophia University
- BS, Faculty of Science and Engineering Sophia University
- Molecular biology of sea-snake toxins: cloning, expression of cDNAs and analysis of gene organization, In Sea snake toxinology, Gopalakrishnakone, P. ed., pp 66-92, Singapore University Press, Singapore.
- Gene structure of the snake-short chain neurotoxin precursor. In Recent Advances in Toxinology Research, Volume 1 P. Goparakrishnakone and C. K. Tan eds. pp182-195, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Cloning and expression of cDNAs encoding snake Toxins, In Snake toxins, A. Harvey ed. pp385-414, Pergamon Press, Oxford.
- Postsynaptically-acting toxins and proteins with phospholipase structure from snake venoms: Complete amino acid sequence deduced from cDNAs and production of a toxin with staphylococcal protein A gene fusion vector, In Natural toxins, C.L Ownby and G.V. Odell eds. Pergamon Press, Oxford.
- Translation of poly(A+) mRNAs and expression of cDNAs encoding sea snake neurotoxins, Proceedings of the 7th European Symposium on animal, plant and microbial toxins.
- Japanese (native)
- The Japanese Biochemical Society
- The Molecular Biology Society of Japan
- Protein Science Society of Japan
- The Japanese Society of Fisheries Science
- Société Franco-Japonaise de Biologie