We are looking for a Docketing Administrator experienced in patent prosecution docketing using Patricia IP Management software for an exciting new project. As a member of the project implementation and execution team, your role will be crucial for this project. Responsibilities include establishing procedures and serving as the Head docketing administrator for all project-related work. Your tasks will involve managing docketing records, monitoring critical due dates, and ensuring deadlines are met. You will collaborate with in-house attorneys, patent engineers, project managers patent paralegals and personnel on the client`s side, acting as an internal resource. You will be working under a direct supervision by the COO as well as the project manager.
This position requires multitasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment, with a strong focus on attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness. Your input will be valuable in establishing new procedures and streamlining current ones. Proficiency in obtaining and effectively communicating information about pending patent applications and matters of U.S., EP, PCT and ideally Chinese and Indian patent law is essential.
- Accurately calculate due dates and timely complete all docketing and de-docketing of U.S., EP, PCT, and international deadlines to grow the company’s international patent portfolio
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, extract relevant information, and coordinate disposition
- Add remarks from external and internal correspondence to docket actions
- Run daily reports of due dates and communicate reminders to internal team
- Upload pertinent documents to docketing system
- Obtain documents from EPO/USPTO/WIPO/IPO, CNIPA
- Proofread/double-check patent applications and filings receipts and conduct docketing audits
- Communicate with international suppliers in various jurisdictions.
- Handle other administrative responsibilities and additional projects to support global team of patent practitioners, paralegals, and administrative assistants
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- At minimum having experience with IP docketing in one jurisdiction (ideally 4 years +)
- Experience with Foundation IP docketing software preferred
- Exhibits professionalism and composure in stressful situations and in meeting short deadlines
- Solid knowledge of U.S., EP, PCT, and ideally Indian and Chinese patent docketing procedures/rules or willingness to learn
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand, extract, and input information accurately from legal documents
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications
- Proven ability to work independently in meeting firm deadlines with precision and accuracy
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills
- Team player with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Fluency or native level English
- Japanese skills a plus (Japanese nationality is acceptable with experience with docketing in other jurisdictions and English fluency)
- No visa requirements (our firm can help with getting a working permit in Japan)
Tokyo, Japan with the possibility of working from home. Office: Shinjuku Mitsui Building 34th floor, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan About a 6-minute walk from JR Shinjuku Station (west exit), Odakyu Shinjuku Station (Odakyu line) and Keio Shinjuku Station (Keio line) About a 2-minute walk from Nishi-Shinjuku Station (Marunouchi Line) About a 1-minute walk from Tochomae Station (Oedo line).
Full flextime system (no core hours; standard working hours 7.5 hours per day)
2 days off per week (Saturday and Sunday), National holidays, December 29 - January 3 Annual paid leave (10-25 days/year), Congratulation or condolence leave, Long service leave, Hourly paid leave, etc.
Preferential treatment according to company regulations based on ability and experience, Bonus: Twice a year (June and November), Salary increase: once a year
Full social insurance, Severance payment system, Periodic health checkup, Influenza vaccination, Full payment of transportation expenses, Long Service Allowance(every 5 years), Grants for internal exchange, Grants for club activities, etc.
Please send us an e-mail with your resume attached by clicking the button ‘apply for this position’. If the mail software does not start automatically, please send an email attaching your resume to the below address: E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org