After working for a major translation agency as salesperson and checker in patent translation section, Hiroshi Arai worked for a major patent office as patent translator (English & German to Japanese, chemical section), and as patent engineer for about 10 years.
- MA, German Literature, Tokyo Metoropolitan University
- BA, Fuculty of German studies, Tokyo University of foreign Studies
- Hiroshi Arai, Human translation vs. Google translation - Case Study of Range of Acceptable Translation and Appropriate Translation in relation to Post Editing, Nippon Intellectual Property Translation Journal (NIPTA)(2020).
- Level 1 of the Patent Translation Examination sponsored by NIPTA (Nippon Intellectual Property Translation Association) in 2010 (Chemistry; English into Japanese)
- 2nd Grade Certified Specialist of Intellectual Property Management (administration) (2011)
- English Technical Writing Test, Grade 2 (2012)
- Japanese Language Teaching Competency Test (2019)