Nicole Bigler is in charge of business development and international client relations. Before joining Sonoda & Kobayashi she worked for the largest bank in Switzerland where she gained experience in the client relationship management department for the Asia region and later in the field of cross-border control and internal legal counsel.
Her current position allows Ms. Bigler to apply her experience in dealing with differences in regulations in an international environment and her understanding of the Japanese language and culture.
She joined our firm in 2013, and is currently working on increasing her knowledge of comparative law with a focus on Japan, the US and Europe.
- JLP, Japanese Studies International Center Keio University (Japan)
- BA, Japanese Studies, Banking & Finance University of Zurich (Switzerland)
- German (native)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriete Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- "Japan in 2017: trends in patent prosecution and adversarial proceedings", MIP IP in Asia Forum (hosted by Managing Intellectual Property with Sponsorship of Sonoda & Kobayashi Intellectual Property Law), June 6, 2017 and June 8, 2017, Washington DC and Sheraton Hotel, Palo Alto
- 「Case Studies – Best Practices – Approaches and Tool」, IP & Monetization, April 24, 2015, Antwerp