|Publication date||2018-10-12||Auteur||Yoshitaka Sonoda, Dr.sc. Robert Börner, Mr. Luca Escoffier.|
Dear Clients and Colleagues,
Sonoda & Kobyashi Intellectual Property Law Firm is very pleased to introduce our Webinar about “Patents : Oppositions proceedings and nullity actions – a comparison between Europe and Japan”, in collaboration with the EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk and Murgitroyd Munich Office.
In this webinar, we will cover the following:
• Basics about filing oppositions at the JPO and the EPO (time frame, costs etc)
• The opposition / appeal procedures at the EPO / JPO
• The patent was maintained during opposition. What options are left ?
• Nullity actions in Europe (focus on DE) and JP – possible pitfalls, costs etc.
• Effect of the Unitary patent system (provided it finally enters into force…)
Speakers: Dr. Yoshitaka Sonoda (Sonoda & Kobayashi) and Dr.sc. Robert Börner (Murgitroyd Munich Office)
Moderator: Luca Escoffier, Project Manager, EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk, and Diane Beylier, Sonoda & Kobayashi.
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation – Brussels Office.
This Webinar was held on April 27th 2018.