Sota HORIE, Ph.D.|
After receiving his PhD from Kyoto University for his study on biochemical analysis of ligase ribozymes, Sota Horie started his professional career as a research fellow at the University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Medicine, where he worked on development of drug delivery systems for cancer therapy.
Dr. Horie specializes in life sciences and has a strong scientific background in basic sciences such as organic chemistry, biochemistry, and molecular biology.
Since he joined the firm in 2010, he has broadened his experience in patent drafting and prosecution in the fields of organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and genetic engineering.
- PhD, Division of Integrated Life Science, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University
- MS, Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University
- BS, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
- Ito Y., Horie S., Shindo Y. “Photodimerization of N-[(E)-3,4-Methylenedioxycinnamoyl]dopamine in the Solid State” Org. Lett, 2012; 14 (22):5812–5812.
- Herlambang S., Kumagai M., Nomoto T., Horie S., Fukushima S., Oba M., Miyazaki K., Morimoto Y., Nishiyama N., Kataoka K. “Disulfide crosslinked polyion complex micelles encapsulating dendrimer phthalocyanine directed to improved efficiency of photodynamic therapy” Journal of control Release, Nov 2011; 155(3):449-57.
- Nishiyama N., Nakagishi Y., Morimoto Y., Lai P.S., Miyazaki K., Urano K., Horie S., Kumagai M., Fukushima S., Cheng Y., Jang W.D., Kikuchi M., Kataoka K. “Enhanced photodynamic cancer treatment by supramolecular nanocarriers charged with dendrimer phthalocyanine” Journal of control Release, Feb 2009; 133(3):245-51.
- Nakatani K., Horie S., Goto Y., Kobori A., Hagihara S. “Evaluation of mismatch-binding ligands as inhibitors for Rev-RRE interaction” Bioorg Med Chem, Aug 2006; 5384-8
- Horie S., Ikawa Y., Inoue T. “Structural and biochemical characterization of DSL ribozyme,” Biochem Biophys Res Commun, Jan 2006; 339(1):115-21.
- Ikawa Y., Matsumoto J., Horie S., Inoue T. “Redesign of an artificial ligase ribozyme based on the analysis of its structural elements” RNA Biology, Oct-Dec 2005;137-42.
- Kobori A., Horie S., Suda H., Saito I., Nakatani K. “The SPR sensor detecting cytosine[bond]cytosine mismatches” J Am Chem Soc, Jan 2004; 126(2):557-62.
- Nakatani K., Horie S., Saito I. “Affinity labeling of a single guanine bulge” J Am Chem Soc, Jul 2003; 125(30):8972-3.
- Nakatani K., Horie S., Murase T., Hagihara S., Saito I. “Assessment of the sequence dependency for the binding of 2-aminonaphthyridine to the guanine bulge” Bioorg Med Chem, May 2003; 11(10):2347-53.
- Japanese (native)
- Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA)