We are looking for a motivated professional willing to contribute to the international business development of a dynamic Japanese intellectual property law firm.
Develop business opportunities and increase clients
- Conceptualize and implement new strategies for business development;
- Prospect and identify new client and key marketing/advertising partners;
- Negotiate, implement and manage the closing of new business; and
- Organize business trips and attend conferences to find new clients.
Client relations management
- Facilitate communication between international client companies and our firm;
- Discuss complex technical and legal issues arising from Japanese IP law with our clients both orally and in writing;
- Monitor client relationships;
- Review internal procedures so that they are in line with clients’ needs and strategies;
- Negotiate with clients for services and fees;
- Draft IP related newsletters and presentations;
- Study IP laws of different jurisdictions;
- Organize/participate in Japanese IP law seminars for international clients; and
- Maintaining client database.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
– University degree.
– Background in IP or law is preferable (admission to the bar not required but a plus).
– Creative mindset with the ability to conceptualize and implement new ideas to improve our business.
– Organized, keen on details, independent, and motivated.
– Winning personality with excellent communication skills.
– Open-minded and willing to work with different people from various cultural backgrounds.
– Be willing and motivated to go on business trips outside of Japan.
– 2+ years work experience
Required language proficiency:
– English: Native level or business fluency
– Japanese: JLPT N3 or higher, or a commitment to learn
– Fluency in other languages such as Chinese, French, German, or other European languages is a plus.
Tokyo, Japan with the possibility of working from home. Office: Shinjuku Mitsui Building 34th floor, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan About a 6-minute walk from JR Shinjuku Station (west exit), Odakyu Shinjuku Station (Odakyu line) and Keio Shinjuku Station (Keio line) About a 2-minute walk from Nishi-Shinjuku Station (Marunouchi Line) About a 1-minute walk from Tochomae Station (Oedo line).
Full flextime system (no core hours; standard working hours 7.5 hours per day)
2 days off per week (Saturday and Sunday), National holidays, December 29 - January 3 Annual paid leave (10-25 days/year), Congratulation or condolence leave, Long service leave, Hourly paid leave, etc.
Preferential treatment according to company regulations based on ability and experience, Bonus: Twice a year (June and November), Salary increase: once a year
Full social insurance, Severance payment system, Periodic health checkup, Influenza vaccination, Full payment of transportation expenses, Long Service Allowance(every 5 years), Grants for internal exchange, Grants for club activities, etc.
Please send us an e-mail with your resume attached by clicking the button ‘apply for this position’. If the mail software does not start automatically, please send an email attaching your resume to the below address: E-mail address: email@example.com